Thursday, December 30, 2010
Somerville, MA, USA
1. Outside the Boylston Street not-an-entrance-or-a-birthday-present to the Huntington Convention Center T-Stop. In the entire time I have lived in Boston, though the station has changed its name, this thing that looks like an entrance has remained a not-an-entrance-or-a-birthday-present.
2. A Shepard Fairey in Harvard Square to which some one has added some commentary by way of a stencil. (Detail.) Not sure I completely agree, but it is certainly a thesis worth discussing.
3. This is when Sophocles was working for Hallmark. After this point I could not stomach another sidewalk aphorism about love and reverted to my normally cynical self.
Friday, December 24, 2010
Thursday, December 23, 2010
Wednesday, December 22, 2010
Tuesday, December 21, 2010
Monday, December 20, 2010
Friday, December 17, 2010
Thursday, December 16, 2010
Wednesday, December 15, 2010
Tuesday, December 14, 2010
Boston, MA, US by way of Romania
Richard Tarantino posted this photo from his accordion teacher, Emilian Badea, who in turn kindly gave his permission to post this on the Signs of Our Times blog.
Monday, December 6, 2010
Thursday, December 2, 2010
Tuesday, November 30, 2010
Cambridge, MA, USA
From a facebook posting on Mobius, Inc.:
For Signs of the Times - sent to me by brother-in-law Rob who was traveling in the UK at the time. For anyone in the dark - a nappy is diaper. For anyone in the know - let ME know what a "radar key" is and why the high tech security for diaper changing, in a bar.
Royal Association for Disability And Rehabilitation
Sunday, November 28, 2010
Friday, November 26, 2010
Monday, November 1, 2010
Gross Gleidingen, Germany
The first photo:
not_allowed: I found at the Royal Palance in Surakarta (Solo) Central Java, Indonesia. 2010
The second Photo:
Instruction_Taiwan_train: on the train from Kaoshiung to Tainan, 2009
Wednesday, October 27, 2010
Thursday, October 21, 2010
Boston, MA, USA
1. Taken on Mission Hill in Roxbury, MA.
2. Taken in January of 2010 through the windshield of a car stuck in heavy traffic. The sign had a surreal effect on everyone in that car.
3. Subway, Washington D.C.
i thought i should share this insane sign
Friday, October 1, 2010
Monday, September 27, 2010
Machain Jean-Pierre, dit " M." ( artiste visuel )
La Vie prend sa source aux environs de Belleville-sur-Vie.La longueur de son cours d'eau est de 62,2 km. la Vie passe notamment par les communes du Poiré-sur-Vie, Aizenay, la Chapelle-Palluau, Maché, Apremont, Commequiers, Saint-Maixent-sur-Vie, Le Fenouiller, Saint-Hilaire-de-Riez et de Saint-Gilles-Croix-de-Vie.
Ce fleuve permettait l'alimentation en eau salée des marais salants de Croix-de-Vie et de Saint-Hilaire-de-Riez, ainsi que de permettre au port de Saint-Gilles-Croix-de-Vie de pas être constamment ensablé.Ses principaux affluents sont le Jaunay, la Petite Boulogne et le Ligneron.
Signalisation " LA VIE " , à Saint Gilles croix de vie, Vendée , France
Copyright : Machain Jean-Pierre, dit " M." ( artiste visuel ).
Tout droit réservé.
Saturday, September 25, 2010
Wednesday, September 22, 2010
Monday, September 20, 2010
Sunday, September 19, 2010
Saturday, September 18, 2010
Friday, September 17, 2010
All these photos were taken in Berlin.
1. is taken infront of an independent/underground movie theatre
2. protesters' signs - the one on the right says 'food first, then moral'
3. these signs are an artistic installation, and might be a parody
on the protests that were going on at the time - one of the signs says
'revolution over, spaghetti cold' and another 'the truth frees nobody'
and 'artists are the antennae of human race'
Thursday, September 16, 2010
Wednesday, September 15, 2010
Eureka, NV, USA
1. "7th Street" Eureka County, Nevada
2. "25 M.P.R." Unionville, Nevada
3. "Benny" Success Summit, Ely, Nevada
I shoot these black and white panoramic images using a Kodak "Fun Saver Panoramic 35" disposable camera that I reload with Tri-X film over and over again. I have been shooting "Signs of the Times" in the Great Basin Desert on the Western United States since 1994.