Thursday, June 30, 2011
New York, New York, USA
I discovered this at my favorite BBQ place in Tennessee. The sunlight through the sign makes me think the restaurant is forever in a quantum state of being both closed AND open. Since people often wait over an hour on site before it opens each day, this is fairly telling.
Wednesday, June 29, 2011
Tuesday, June 28, 2011
Monday, June 27, 2011
Saturday, June 25, 2011
Joshua CJG Robinson
Providence, Rhode Island, USA
Having worked in a signage company for a short while I had access to misprints and other trash that could be manipulated into funny things to hang about the home and workplace.
Friday, June 24, 2011
Thursday, June 23, 2011
Tuesday, June 21, 2011
Jamaica Plain, Massachusetts, US
1. Attached to a barrier overlooking the train tracks near my home. I haven't checked lately to see if either a fool or genius has discovered Fancy Lad.
2. Suddenly appeared at a bus stop. Beware of the bus, or of the Customer Bill of Rights? Or just in general?
3. Inverted crosses. This appeared opposite a local church (behind the trees) near my subway station. And a nearby emergency.
Thursday, June 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY, USA
Lorimer Street is the informal dividing line between the trendy and the edgy parts of Brooklyn. I pass by it often, but one night it jumped out at me and I wasn't sure why. The next day, I looked at the picture I had taken, and what struck me were the crossroads, people going different ways, boundaries, people not sure where they are going, in and out, heading toward hope, toward destiny, etc, all mixed together.
Monday, June 13, 2011
"CCTV," from Hazards of Modern Living
"Phone Explode," from Hazards of Modern Living
"Falling Rocks," from Hazards of Modern Living
Hazards of Modern Living
Created by appropriating actual warning signs, "Hazards of Modern Living"
comments on the culture of fear in the post-9/11 era.
At times absurd or chilling, the signs caution us to avoid dangers such as
lightning, falling planes, and drowning
—as well as apparently innocuous objects like forks, clocks and sad books.
Friday, June 10, 2011
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Onde está Wei? Where is Wei? Òu-est Wei? ¿Dónde está Wei? 魏子傑在哪裡? Hvor er Wei?
The outdoor sculpture exhibition "Circle of Animals/Zodiac Heads" by
Ai Weiwei at Manhattan's Grand Army Plaza.
Thursday, June 9, 2011
Wednesday, June 8, 2011
Tuesday, June 7, 2011
Friday, June 3, 2011
1. I took this photo in Gaziantep(located in south-east part of Turkey). Sign is saying that ''attention,to go to front is dangerous and prohibited''...
2. No comment...
3. One more photo from Gaziantep. There was a traditional coffee house which has a name like this.''Facebook Coffee House'' !