Tuesday, December 30, 2014
Wednesday, December 24, 2014
North Adams, MA, USA
This sign, from a hotel in Hadley Massachusetts, was equidistant from a bathroom, a lobby, an elevator, a small pet-sitting area, and a utility closet. It also does not specify what the seven stands for--trash cans? Guests? Employees? Pets? Enjoy!!
Wednesday, December 17, 2014
Wednesday, December 10, 2014
Tuesday, December 2, 2014
Tuesday, November 25, 2014
Tuesday, November 18, 2014
Tuesday, November 11, 2014
Boxford, MA, USA
1. above a large number seven we witness the impression of a haloed black star inside a circle
2. on a nature hike out deep in the woods we happened upon a strangely-placed information kiosk
Tuesday, November 4, 2014
Tuesday, October 28, 2014
Allston, MA, USA
Though taking a much more brusque approach and obviously not located in as idyllic a setting as my submission to this collection back in 2011, I'm quite pleased to see the progress that New England has made in addressing the critical social-existential issues that Finland was thinking about back then. This marks a very refreshing shift in priorities from the endless sign-chatter about parking which can probably be attributed to Boston having its first new mayor in a generation.
Tuesday, October 21, 2014
Tuesday, October 14, 2014
Tuesday, October 7, 2014
St. Petersburg, FL, USA
1. This is a personal sign for me. Even though I closed the gallery that I loved to have a baby--my dream of being an artist is still alive.
2. This is about being a Mom and an artist which can be a difficult combination.
Tuesday, September 30, 2014
Vancouver, BC, Canada
All these photos were taken during my walk from my home to my studio in Vancouver, BC, Canada.
1. Main street, Vancouver, Canada
2. Main street, Vancouver, Canada
3. Main street, Vancouver, Canada
Tuesday, September 23, 2014
Tuesday, September 16, 2014
Monday, September 8, 2014
Tuesday, September 2, 2014
Wednesday, August 27, 2014
Tuesday, August 19, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
1. from park along the Emscher River In Germany (Where Emscherkunst art show was) in a post-industrial area near Essen (amazing cultural corridor at this point). Sign by the canal, full of really nasty oily sludgy water that smelled not just foul, but chemically foul. I believe the sign said something about certain death after a while. Obviously nothing good came of this canal and it's contents.
Lebensgefahr-"Danger to Life"
2. Extra Breed-sign at Albert Heijn grocery store in the Netherlands, I know what it means, but I like to think it's telling people to have more children
3. Amerika = potato chips (Bratislava, Slovakia)
Tuesday, August 12, 2014
Tuesday, August 5, 2014
Sonja Benskin Mesher RCA UA
Tuesday, July 29, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
Rietveld Academy, Amsterdam
Someone said it referred to their continuing ed program, but all I could think of was MC Hammer's "hammer time" danced by dogs. In MC Hammer pants. Going up and down the stairs.
2. Fuck You-in pink spray paint, in a lovely font, on the reflective surface of a boutique in Paris around the corner from Notre Dame. THe nicest "fuck you" I have ever received.
3. "I make Monet Like CLaude Money"
Paris, Clingincourt Flea Market. Capitalistic graffiti with an art historical reference, nicely played
Tuesday, July 22, 2014
Tuesday, July 15, 2014
Tuesday, July 8, 2014
Tuesday, July 1, 2014
Tiverton, Rhode Island, USA
1. Lost and Found, found at the classroom sink of the Providence Art Club, Providence RI.
2. Holy Ghost Club, at the intersection of Veteran's Highway and Sodom Road in Westport MA.
3. Westport Point, Massachusetts