Wednesday, December 28, 2016
Wednesday, December 21, 2016
Wednesday, November 30, 2016
Wednesday, November 23, 2016
Wednesday, November 16, 2016
Thursday, November 10, 2016
Thursday, November 3, 2016
Thursday, October 27, 2016
Monday, October 10, 2016
Wednesday, October 5, 2016
Wednesday, September 28, 2016
Wednesday, September 21, 2016
Boston, MA, USA
The Drum : Issue 29. October 2012 : The Summer of Nathan Nicky
The Drum : Issue 18. November 2011 : While You Were Gone
I spotted this gem while walking around my new neighborhood. It was, by far, the best thing I'd seen all day!
Lisa Korzeniowski is a fiction writer living in Boston, MA. Her short stories have been published in Opium Magazine and the Drum. She most recently received an honorable mention in Literary Death Match's 250-Word Bookmark Contest for her story, "The Jump Rope." She is a member of the Bay State Scribblers writing group.
Wednesday, September 14, 2016
Wednesday, September 7, 2016
Philadelphia, PA, USA
1. Nothingness haunts being #graffiti #streetart #signage #philly (http://bit.ly/2bWaiNq)
2. JUST LOVE ME #signage #streetart #philly (http://bit.ly/2bpxvG8)
Wednesday, August 31, 2016
Wednesday, August 10, 2016
Thursday, August 4, 2016
Boston, MA, USA
Inspiring walk yesterday with Ernst Fischer.•• Tempting Failure CIC #tf2016
Thursday, July 28, 2016
Saint Petersburg, Florida, USA
http://www.kosharekart.blogspot.com http://www.kosharekart.tumblr.com http://www.kosharekart.etsy.com http://www.jenniferzoe.blogspot.com
#oops #rebelliousMorningDoves #stpete #dtsp #instaburg
Friday, July 22, 2016
Montréal, Québec, Canada
1. «Fin de ligne», Lors d'une déambulation faite avec une artiste photographe au printemps 2016. Un signe qui a attiré mon attention car j'ai associé ces mots à la fin de la vie de toute chose.
2. «Indignez-vous», Lors d'une déambulation faite avec une artiste performeuse Julie Laurin le 23 avril 2014 pour un projet de déambulation avec actions performatives intitulé «Sonder la track». Il y avait ces mots inscrits sur le trottoir à nos pieds.
3. «Le dîner est servi», Lors d’une déambulation faite avec Julie Laurin le 14 novembre 2013 pour le projet «Sonder la track». C'était l'automne et nous avons fait l'action de préparer un repas composé de petits fruits, branches et feuilles trouvés et de le dresser sur la table à pique-nique. Un repas laissé là pour tout passant curieux. Nous avons déposé sur cette oeuvre éphémère un bout de papier avec les mots «le dîner est servi».
Wednesday, June 29, 2016
Wednesday, June 22, 2016
Wednesday, June 8, 2016
Wednesday, June 1, 2016
Wednesday, May 11, 2016
Wednesday, May 4, 2016
Somewhere in Massachusetts
1. Good Gas — in Somerville, Massachusetts.
February 21, 2016
-Top sign from a really excellent Korean restaurant.
-Bottom sign from the pawn shop next door to it.
March 19, 2016
3. Literacy is important, kids.
#NowMoreThanEver — at Ocean State Job Lot.
December 18, 2015
Wednesday, April 27, 2016
Wednesday, April 20, 2016
Thursday, March 10, 2016
Thursday, March 3, 2016
Santa Monica, CA, USA
1. Found a bag for Meditation Stones on the beach. But it was empty. Meditate on that.
2. 2-26-16 I found this nuke two days ago and placed on this sign,,, still there
Wednesday, February 17, 2016
Wednesday, January 20, 2016
Wednesday, January 13, 2016
Neil de la Peña
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Certainly part of the inspiration is visceral, thus impossible to explain. So don't try to follow along too closely to the following:
What struck me, what overpowered me, when I took the shot was all the mythical, macho, iconography but those words seemed too on the nose. Normally "TV Land" describes what's going on, in the TV. But we seem really naive when they know they can sell product by giving us a "TV Land" in reality land.
For example when Snowden first blew up everyone found it very important to first figure out if he was a "hero" like Elsberg, or was he a traitor. To me whether or not he was a hero should have been an after thought, the data and what it showed was the issue. But that is not what TV Land teaches us to find important. Finding heroes that look and remind of us TV Land "Heroes" is what counts and keeps us going. We are such schmucks!
Like I said, largely visceral. Understandable that you might have not felt it. Hopefully some part of it, hit others like it hit me.--not that this is the first time I thought of this, it was the example that hit me hard.